- Ideas and opinions from multiple family members may be contributing to destination indecision around family trips. More than 71% say they are deciding between two or more destinations or may not even have a destination in mind when they first decide to take a family trip.
- Online and offline resources play a key role in family trip planning and booking, including travel review sites or online travel agencies (63%). More than 4 in 10 look to search engines, colleagues, friends or family – including Gen Alpha.
Families Prioritize Fun with Gen Alpha
- When planning family trips, an overwhelming majority of parents and grandparents (95%) say that keeping their family entertained and happy is incredibly important. Eighty-nine percent report looking for the best deals and value.
- Above lowest price, parents and grandparents prioritize family fun – such as going somewhere with activities, experiences, and places the entire family can enjoy – along with a safe and kid-friendly environment.
- When determining their trip itineraries, family travelers look for theme parks and attractions (74%), water activities (67%), and outdoor activities (55%).
Learn more about family travel attitudes, preferences, and priorities, by reading